Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Friday, November 19, 2010

When art imitates life:

The above reminded me of when I about 5 yrs. old. My folks got drunk and tried to give my pet canary a bath in the sink. Once it got out of the cage it flew around the room and they couldn't catch it. To this day they deny it. I believe I told this story before, but I wanted to use the pic.

4 comments:

Blast from the Past said...

Hey, Joe -

Sounds like a funny story. With the additional info that your parents were drunk, it sounds like it could have been an entertaining time.

BTW - Not sure what type of discussion you were hoping or thinking this might foster, but talking about strange pet happenings...

We found a little mouse and my mom decided we would keep him. He lived in our bathroom and slept in mom's plastic shower cap that hung from the shower head. you had to move him every time you took a shower.

He lived in there for a few months... kind of wierd, but it was fun. We called him Chester.

All good tings must come to an end... one morning we woke up to find that he had taken a swim in the toilet (unintentionally) and had drowned. The one consolation was that it was easy to dispose of the body...

toemailer said...

Good cartoon, lol!

C said...

hahahaha, yeah parents dont like to admit much, do they... but i believe ya.

sunnydaze said...

Cute story. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails