Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

Monday, December 06, 2010

Cereal box terrariums:

In the early/mid 70's, terrariums were popular and sometimes they'd come in cereal boxes. I had one circa 1975 that I got in a box of Sugar Crisps. After I opened it I wished I'd picked something else. I didn't feel like hanging around for 3 months and watch some sprouts grow in a plastic box. I never bought cereal with a terrarium after that.

4 comments:

sunnydaze said...

I rem. I was so excited to get one of these and the darn thing just got moldy and never grew.

joe said...

I don't know anyone who successfully grew one of those things

Mnmom said...

I remember those! I had a "real" one in a round glass fish bowl that a friend gave me for my 13th birthday. It smelled good!

Kal said...

I was a terrarium freak for a good part of my childhood. I was too afraid of the ones with the bugs but I liked all the moss.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails