Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Saturday Night Live's "Jewess Jeans" commercial with Gilda Radner, aired 2/16/80

Jewess Jeans
Rhonda Weiss.....Gilda Radner
Jingle: Jewess Jeansthey're skin-tight,
they're out of sight
Jewess Jeans.
She's got a lifestyle uniquely hers
Europe, Nassau, wholesale furs.
She's read every best-selling book
She's a gourmet blender cook.
She's got that Jewess look.
Jewess Jeans they're uptight, alright
Jewess Jeans.
She shops the sales for designer clothes
She's got designer nails
and a designer nose.
She's an American princess
and a disco queen.
She's the Jewess in Jewess Jeans.
She's the Jewess in Jewess Jeans.
Announcer: You don't have to be Jewish.
Rhonda Weiss: But it wouldn't hurt.
Announcer: Jewess Jeans. Guranteed to ride up.

8 comments:

Blast from the Past said...

She was a very talented woman. Of course I loved her Rosanne Rosanadana. I remember this commercial, too. Very funny!

joe said...

"the designer nose". That cracks me up

C said...

i loved gilda... i loved her rosanne-rosanna danna skits... with the little ball of sweat dangling from the tip of her nose!! lmao..

merry christmas to you joe, i hope you have a great one filled with all the peace and love you deserve!

sunnydaze said...

I don't remember this one but I love those fake commercial skits. :)

grannyann said...

have not been very thoughtful in posting comments on your blog. I want to tell you how much I appreciate you being my blog friend and I want to wish you a
very MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR.

joe said...

C, Sunny, and Ann: A very merry Christmas to you all, and all the best in '11
;^)

Zed said...

I don't think there has been anyone to replace the very funny Gilda Radner. She was a one of a kind.

Roseanne Rosanadana skits were hilarious.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you, Joe!

joe said...

You too Miss Zed ;^)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails