Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Tuesday, July 03, 2012

I have to confess: I don't always keep in touch with my family like I should..

A friend and I visited a woman we both knew in Wellfleet Massachusetts. While we were sitting in her living room, my friend was going through The Cape Cod Times and came across the obituary section. He looked up and said "Isn't your grandfather's name Arnold W****?" I said "Yeah he lives in South Yarmouth". My friend replied: "His funeral's tomorrow..."

8 comments:

Caffeinated Joe said...

Zoinks. Sorry about your grandfather's death. :(

ChiTown Girl said...

Oh my hell, Joe, I'm so sorry for your loss. Whether you two were close or not, it's still hard to lose a grandparent.

joe said...

I almost wished I'd found out the day after, so I wouldn't have had to interrupt my schedule on such short notice...

Jack said...

No you don't...

Michaelof71 said...

My thoughts are with you at this time.

joe said...

Um, I think I need to clarify that this was in '95. my grandfather and I weren't close, and whatever grief I felt back then is kind of like, um, gone by now...

Caffeinated Joe said...

You coulda said that in the post. Jeez! LOL

joe said...

haha yeah sorry 'bout that ..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails