Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

Friday, June 29, 2012

Misc. Remembrance:

In the mid-'70s, my cousin Karen used to raise guinea pigs. In '75, one of her females had a litter of pups (I don't know what you call a baby guinea pig) so she gave me one. She told me she had to keep it for a little while until it was a few weeks old, then I could have it. The second day I went to her house to see my new pet, and she told me that while she was cleaning out the cage her cat got a hold of my guinea pig and ate it. The second day. That damn cat had to eat my guinea pig and left Karen's alone. I didn't even get to name it. I was devastated, but then again I knew deep down that mom would never allow me to bring it home. She never did like those things.

6 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

Oh my God, that picture made me throw up in my mouth a little!!!

joe said...

haha yeah pretty nasty

Janet said...

Would they be called piglets?

joe said...

Hmmm maybe

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

Guinea pigs can be wonderful little pets. We had one who followed me around the house like a doggie at times; and if I ignored him when he wanted some lovin, he would nibble my toes and cry until I picked him up. He was adorable!

joe said...

Sadly I never got to that point with mine... thanks to "you-know-who"..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails