Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

Saturday, October 13, 2012

I remember an episode of "Alice"....

... when Mel decided to institue a new policy in the diner. He gave all the waitresses smiley-faced pins, and if they didn't smile when waiting on a customer the meal was free if the customer called out "You didn't smile!". The plan was a disaster and at the end of the show Vera was waiting on a customer and Mel started chewing her out. She started to cry and so she ripped the pin off her lapel and slapped it into Mel's hand and basically told him what he could do with his new policy. The pin stuck Mel and he yelled in pain. The customer looked up and said "You didn't smile!".

3 comments:

Caffeinated Joe said...

Vaguely recall that one. I used to watch that show all the time!

Marco said...

The customer was probably Henry the phone technician with the dark rimmed glasses. I think Mel's reply was "Stow it, Henry".

Wow... Haven't seen the show in 25-30 years. These are the things stored in my brain. Simply frightening :)

Anonymous said...

First of all I would like to say awesome blog! I had a quick question in which I'd like to ask if you don't mind.
I was interested to know how you center yourself and
clear your head before writing. I've had trouble clearing my mind in getting my ideas out. I truly do take pleasure in writing however it just seems like the first 10 to 15 minutes are generally wasted just trying to figure out how to begin. Any suggestions or hints? Cheers!
Have a look at my weblog - Home Page

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails