Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Saturday, October 06, 2012

Misc. Remembrance:

It was sometime around '72, and we were at my grandparents' house in Chatham. Mom was getting the upstairs guest room ready for the night, and while she was making the bed I was at the top of the stairs, and I was balancing myself on the top landing with my heels hanging over the edge and I wanted to see how far I could lean backwards without falling. I finally leaned back too far and I fell backwards down the stairs. I couldn't stop myself and I rolled like a tumbleweed all the way to the bottom. I was sore for 2 days. Haha.

8 comments:

Jack said...

Well done! I was very light and wiry as a preteen. My trick was to climb a tree, get out on a branch, get it bouncing, and jump to the next tree over like a squirrel. When the inevitable happened, I landed in a reclined seated position, put my hands down to break my fall, broke my left wrist, and spent the rest of that summer in a full arm cast.

When you look back at the things we used to do, the wonder is that ANY of us made it to adulthood!

Caffeinated Joe said...

Ouch!

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

OUCH!
<><

joe said...

Jack: Never was a tree climber myself. Always been afraid of heights.

Joe and Noe: I'm lucky I didn't break my neck. It was a stupid thing to do but then again I was always doing stupid things

Dr. Theda said...

I was about 11 or 12... and we were visiting my Aunt...My cousin pushed me down the stairs... I did not stop until I slammed into their front door my head folded under me and my ass in the air ( My neck hurt for a few days)...I was then fussed at for playing on the stairs... I never told on my cousin...

joe said...

You're too kind. Once I also got my arm stuck between the railing and the wall and 5 people had to help me get free..

Dr. Theda said...

Have Not gotten my head "stuck"... was was nearly swallowed alive by a sawdust pile that had claimed several lives over the years... the two girls who reached in and saved me (this was as a small child in the early 70's)... one girl committed suicide years back and the other lost both hands in a machine at work.... well they say "No good deed go unpunished"....

joe said...

That's pretty creepy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails