Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

Friday, April 05, 2013

Random:

video
As I remember, this is the time of year they'd play The Wizard Of Oz on TV. It was always a major event, I never missed it. And we'd talk about it in school the whole day after. While I'm glad we have YouTube and CD players now, there was something about having to wait to see something that just made it so much better.

2 comments:

Dr. Theda said...

I agree ... this was a yearly event at my home as well... And waiting all year to re-watch this wonderful movie... Great childhood memory...

Caffeinated Joe said...

I agree, too. It also gave the movies more of an air of mystique about them. You only saw them once a year, so the rest of the time it was just how your memory recalled it. I was petrified of the Flying Monkeys cause I could barely look at them as a kid so my memory of them all year was much more frightening than they actually were. And they are pretty damn frightening.