Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

Thursday, April 11, 2013

I was always doing stupid things:

In '75 / '76 my cousin Karen was given an autograph dog as an 8th grade graduation present. They lived up the street from me so I was always over their house. One day she wasn't home, so I was up in her bedroom rifling through her closet checking out her stuff and I came across it. I felt bad for her that it wasn't signed, so I decided to sign it. But I figured she wouldn't want my signature, so I decided to sign my teacher's name to it, instead. So I signed it "Mrs. O'Brian". But I did some really funky artistic thing with the signature, where the "O" kind of encircled the whole name, and I was rather proud of it, so I signed it again. And again. And again. And again. 35 times. "Mrs. O'Brian". And she didn't even have Mrs. O'Brian as a teacher. I don't know what the hell I was thinking. And she probably blamed her sister for it, too..

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny! Reminds me of the time in the first grade I got an Autograph Book for my birthday. I didn't completely understand the concept of "autograph" and started filling in its pages (one page for each of the alphabet) with the names of my classmates, in a flowery cursive scrpt. I didn't know my cursive letters very well, and signed one classmates name as "Geth" instead of "Seth". I showed it to my father, who simply said, "Who's Geth?" and then, "You're supposed to get other people to sign it."

joe said...

It's funny the stuff you do when you're a kid. If we did that stuff now we'd have alot of explaining to do

Erin said...

I laughed pretty hard at this story. Nice blog!

joe said...

Thanks Erin ;^)