Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

Saturday, April 06, 2013

Misc. Remembrance:

When I was about 4 years old, my mother told me that if I ran over the electrical cord while vacuuming I'd electrocute myself. I really fell for it, so one day I was over a friend's house and she started to vacuum. I warned her about running over the cord or she'd get electrocuted, and she naturally gave me a look like I was out of my mind. So I was like, "fine, go ahead and electrocute yourself. See if I care...."

2 comments:

Dr. Theda said...

An old "Electrolux" ...with a metal housing... We went to use it on the car... (older unit)... We reached down to turn it on ... And ..."Zap !!"... I am knocked about 10 or 12 feet away from the "jolt"... Better than a "charred hole" in my finger again... Yes We have had some "interesting" accidents over the years...

joe said...

That's kind of what happened when I stuck that plastic spoon into the electrical outlet. Next thing I knew I was on my ass across to the other side of the room