Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Monday, December 26, 2011

The good scissors:

In our house we always had an "everything drawer". That's where my folks kept the note pads, pens, pencils, tape, playing cards, etc. Also there were 2 pairs of scissors: the regular scissors, and "the good scissors". I was not allowed to use "the good scissors". Only mom could use "the good scissors", dad wasn't even allowed to use "the good scissors". If I had to use scissors, mom would always remind me not to use "the good scissors". Then as I was in the process of cutting, she'd call out: "You're not using the good scissors, are you???!!!?!". Then she'd find an excuse to come into the room just to make sure I wasn't using "the good scissors". I think she's past that stage now..

8 comments:

Caroline Bender said...

I knew we were related.

ChiTown Girl said...

Oh my God, this made me laugh out loud. Mostly because I can TOTALLY relate!

joe said...

Caroline and Chi: I don't think she has a pair of good scissors anymore. But who knows. She still has an everything drawer though

SkylersDad said...

You just described my mom to a tee!

joe said...

Hahaa that must've been a "mom" thing

Sunnydaze said...

LMAO! Apparently all of our moms had a pair of "good scissors". Too funny!

Nana Jennyfur said...

Oh dear, I do that to my family!!!! I am loving your blog by the way, so many great memories! Thanks for all your posts!
Nana Jen

joe said...

I don't think she has a "good pair" anymore

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails