Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Thursday, December 01, 2011

Sha Na Na:

So does anyone remember the Sha Na Na tv show from sometime around 1977? I watched it, although I only remember Bowzer. The guy next to the long-haired guy wearing glasses looks like Billy Crystal, but I don't think it's him. I don't remember any of their songs except for the last line of the song they always used to sing at the end of the show (goodnight sweetheart goodnight). I could only watch it my folks weren't in the room because they couldn't stand the show... well what did they know. This was quality programming. For a 9-year old ....

9 comments:

Karen said...

I love how the 70's tried (badly) to recreate the look of the 50's! I noticed this when I was watching an episode of Laverne & Shirley. All the hairstyles were off by roughly 20 years. And, everyone had bellbottoms and really wide shirt collars!

Retro Hound said...

I remember the show. My mom liked it. And I was really obsessed with the 1950s, thanks to Happy Days.

J Mello said...

I always associate Sha Na Na with Saturday and the Bobby Vinton Show. No clue why.

Sunnydaze said...

I watched this show, too, but like you I only remember Bowser and the closing song.

Dex1138 said...

I know I watched it but like everyone else only remember Bowser and Goodnight Sweetheart.

I've been obsessed with 50s culture as long as I can remember. Think i was born a few decades late!

ChiTown Girl said...

I'll echo what Dex said - wish I had grown up in the 50s.

Bridget said...

I totally watched this show! I was a Grease junkie - knew all the words to the songs before I could spell my own name :-)

Teejay said...

What always struck me as a little strange was that ShaNaNa was a 50's nostalgia group that was formed in the early 60's.
(Always thought that it was kinda early to be nostalgic a few years away from the decade you're already missing.)

A trivia fact, They played at Woodstock.
(And everyone was baffled by the 50's tribute band.)

My Mom used to watch this show regularly, it never really caught my fancy, the humor seemed so dumbed down to me.

joe said...

Bridget and Teejay: I was kind of into the '50s nostalgia thing too back then. I had no idea they played at Woodstock though. Seems kind of out-of-place, but then again everyone was so stoned..

Related Posts with Thumbnails