Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Irene Goodnight, Irene goodnight. Goodnight Irene, goodnight Irene, we'll see you in our dreams:

Sometimes she sleeps in pajamas
Sometimes she sleeps in a gown;
But when they're both in the laundry,
Irene is the talk of the town.
Irene never goes off to Dreamland
'Til she's combed every hair on her head;
She puts it in neat little curlers,
Then she hangs it on the post of the bed.
A burglar broke in Irene's bedroom,
The dear girl was sleeping in peace.
Then Irene she fought like a tiger,
'til the burglar called the police..
Irene goodnight,
Irene goodnight.
Goodnight Irene,
Goodnight Irene,
Well see you in our dreams.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a nice tribute to the late Betty Garrett. As Irene Lorenzo, she was really funny.

joe said...

Yeah she was a classy gal. I also liked her as Mrs. Babish on Laverne and Shirley, but All In The Family's held up a little better than L&S. I can't sit through that show any more, but I like to watch AITF once in awhile.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails