Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

My Favorite 70's Movies

Chrissie at the wrong place at the wrong time (she shouldn't have left the party so early).












My favorite 70's movie were:
  • Jaws (I still miss Chrissie, Pippet, and Charlie's wife's holiday roast the most - Quint, I'm not so sure).
  • Every Which Way But Loose (It's still hillarious when the ape kisses Ruth Gordon on the lips).
  • Harold and Maude (Another classic featuring Ruth Gordon. I'd have dated her also. I like when she yells at the officer who's issuing her a citation: "Give an old lady a break!").
  • The Poseidon Adventure (Like Shelly Winter's character was actually a former Olympic swimmer....... how believable is that?).
  • Grease (Not that great on t.v., but I wore the album out. To this day I don't know ANYONE who liked that 'beauty school dropout' scene).
  • Saturday Night Fever (The album, not so much the movie. I still like the album).
  • The Bad News Bears (I'm an adult and even I don't use the language those kids used).
  • Animal house (I wish I had gone to college).
  • Smokey and the Bandit (Always brings out the redneck in me. Burt Reynolds was the best).
  • The Goodbye Girl (I like the part where Richard Dreyfuss has too much to drink because his play is a dismal failure and he gets really sick).
  • Salem's Lot (This terrified me to no end. I can remember lying in bed with the sheets over my head paranoid that I was going to see a vampire on the other side of the glass, scratching to get in. The movie - it was a miniseries - was set in Maine. My stepfather was taking us on a trip to Canada to his family reunion and we had to drive through Maine. I packed a crucifix just in case we were going to drive through at night).