Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

Saturday, May 14, 2005

Saturday Morning Expressionism

Way back in '75, I had a friend over at my house one Saturday morning. We had just finished watching Land of The Lost (they had a commercial in the middle of the show for the 'Bionic Bigfoot' action figure), and we were looking for something to do. We went into dad's workshop and found some poster paints laying around, so we decided to paint a mural on dad's workbench with poster paint. We painted peace signs (about 40 in all) in green, blue, red, and white. It was a beautiful work of art, my best at that point, but apparantly dad didn't appreciate the visual arts like we did. My attitude was more of a "well, if you have to ask I can't explain it to you" artsy-snob type of attitude.
The rest of the day went a little better.