Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Friday, May 06, 2005

My Favorite 70s Songs

Cat's Best Posted by Hello

These are my favorite songs from the 70s:
  • Morning Has Broken - Cat Stevens (One of the very first songs I ever remember hearing on the radio).
  • Oh Very Young - Cat Stevens (I could listen to it over and over).
  • Theme From Mahogany - Diana Ross (Exquisitely beautiful. A masterpiece).
  • Evergreen - Barbara Streisand (Sensual and beautiful).
  • My Heart Belongs To Me - Barbara Streisand (Just ask James Brolin).
  • I Got A Name - Jim Croce (Makes me want to strap on my backpack and hit the road).
  • Annie's Song - John Denver
  • The Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot (Glad I was busy that day).
  • I'd Like To Teach The World To Sing - The Hillside Singers (Give me a hillside and a coke, and all's right with the world).
  • Both Sides Now - Judy Collins (One of the best songs ever written).
  • Who Knows Where The Time Goes - Judy Collins ("Sad deserted shore, your fickle friends are leaving").
  • Dust In The Wind - Kansas (Speak for yourself, Kansas!).
  • Carry On Wayward Son - Kansas (Classic).
  • Come Sail Away - Styx (No thanks, i get sea sick).
  • Get Right Back - ? (I'll get back to this one).
  • I Just Want To Be Your Everything - Andy Gibb (He had such a gift and threw it all away for drugs. What a waste).
  • More Than A Woman - The BeeGee's (Yes, she was).
  • How Deep Is Your Love - The BeeGee's (Disco with a heart).
  • I will Survive - Gloria Gayner (Don't 'dis that gal!).
  • When Will I See You Again - 33 Degrees (Will she have to suffer, and cry the whole night through?).
  • 50 Ways To Leave Your Lover - Paul Simon (And yet they seemed so happy together).
  • Still Crazy After All These Years - Paul Simon (".. we talked about some old times, and we drank ourselves some beers").
  • Leader Of The Band - Dan Fogleberg
  • Don't Give Up On Us Baby - David Soul (Not bad for his only hit).
  • Weekend In New England - Barry Manilow (I never get tired of this song).
  • She's Always A Woman To Me - Billy Joel (She may have been a woman, but she was no lady).
  • We're All Alone - Rita Coolidge
  • Slow Dancing - Johnny Rivers (Always puts me in the mood).
  • Let Your Love Flow - The Bellamy Brothers (Excellent).
  • Jesse - Carly Simon (Let him go, girl, he's not worth it!!!!!!).
  • Escape (The Pina Colada Song) - Rupert something ("If you like making love in bed at night in the dunes of the Cape" - now, i've seen many dunes on the Cape but none of them had beds in them).
  • The Spy Who Loved Me - Carly Simon (I always wished this song was longer).
  • Lola - The Kinks (I always liked this song.... although I never knew what it meant....).

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails