Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Sometimes I don't know when to keep my mouth shut:

"Then I'm dying on the bottom of a pit in the blazing sun, torn and twisted at the foot of a burning bike. And I think somebody somewhere must be tolling a bell, and the last thing I see is my heart still beating, breaking out of my body and flying away, like a bat out of hell."

When I was living in Florida, near Daytona, mom calls me one day and casually brings up the fact that my brother had just bought a motorcycle. I then proceed to tell her about how dangerous they are, and how every year during bike week in Daytona the paramedics are always scraping some motorcyclist off the road, and that every year there's always about a dozen motorcycle deaths, etc. I'm sure she was glad she told me...
Click pic for a larger image.

5 comments:

teri said...

I haVE this album.

well, a little reality never hurt anyone. although, you know how mother's can be...

snowywoodz said...

If you have this album I respect you now more than ever...

Sans Pantaloons said...

I lost a good friend in a motorcycle accident. I too have this album and the Jim Steinman follow up "Bad For Good".

snowywoodz said...

Sans, you're GREAT! My condolences about your friend, though. My fave on this album is "Two Out Of Three Ain't Bad". I could listen to it over and over.

blueroc85 said...

I Love this album!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails