Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Saturday, February 12, 2011

I was just thinking about:

Let's Make A Deal, with Monty Hall. I really liked that show back in the day. Apparantly when the show first started, the audience didn't dress in costumes. I was told that one guy showed up in a costume one day, so he'd get noticed and be picked as a contestant. It worked for the guy, and after that everyone started dressing up, and it became standard. It was cutting-edge for its time. I wonder if Monty's still with us..

7 comments:

Wings said...

I believe Monte is still around. There is a new Lets Make a Deal on morning TV, I think, with Wayne Brady as host.

Blast from the Past said...

My favorite line: "Or, do you want the box where Carol Merrill is standing..."

SkylersDad said...

I snorted out loud at Blast's comment. I had a thing for Carol when I was young...

Hairball T. Hairball said...

I just had a flashback of being in college and watching reruns of LMAD on the Game Show Network.

Hopefully, I can find some clips online to watch.

joe said...

Wings: I saw pics of the new one with Wayne when I did the image search. They're trying, but you can't bring it back. It'll never be the same.

Blast and Dad: I'm afraid I don't remember the chicks in front of the curtains. I, however, will always remember the "Price Is Right" chicks. Not their names, but, well, you know...

Miss Hairball: If I wasn't on dial-up, I might check them out too.

Sunnydaze said...

I agree - the remakes are never the same. I think it's because it's not "the good old days"...

joe said...

Yes. Times change and we've evolved as a society. Unfortunately those days are long behind us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails