Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Random observance:

I guess every boy back in the day had those color-striped knee-high socks. And a 10-speed. And a skateboard. And basically the same haircut. I had everything but the 10-speed. Oh well, you can't have everything....

9 comments:

Dex1138 said...

I never got into skateboarding. I didn't move up to a 10 speed until high school. Before that I had my trusty black Huffy.

Justin S. Davis said...

I was an avid reader and science geek from a big clan of non-reader-non-science types, so they never had any idea what to get me on Christmas or birthdays...

...so guess what I got bundles of, year after year?

Yep, those accursed tube socks. I had seeminly hundreds of pairs of them. I wore them from itty-bitty childhood all the way into my teens.

joe said...

Dex: I didn't do much skateboarding. I couldn't get used to the vibration under my feet

Justin: I had those socks up 'til around 1980. I wore them proudly ;^)

Sunnydaze said...

I had those socks too. I thought I was hot stuff wearing them with my track shorts. I also had a 10 speed. No skateboard, even though I wanted one.

joe said...

There's no way I'd get on a skateboard now. I'd definitely break or sprain something

Bridget said...

I had those socks too! And the matching red track shorts with the white trim, usually worn with a ringer tee. Stylin!
I tried to master my brother's skateboard but in our hilly Missouri town it was way too dangerous for my blood. I usually preferred to watch/read Little House on the Prairie or play with my Barbies instead. :-)

joe said...

Once we lay with our backs on our boards and coasted down a road and used our elbows as brakes and ended up ripping giant holes in our coat sleeves.

Janet said...

I managed to rip a giant hole in my elbow doing something similar with a gocart.

joe said...

I'm surprised my folks didn't get more upset. They didn't have alot of money so buying another coat probably made a huge dent in their wallet

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails