Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Question:

So did any of you make it to the Sid and Marty Krofft amusement park during its, like, 2 month run? In a mall?? I saw something about it on a tv show documentary about the '70s. It looked very disturbing. I'm not surprised it didn't last.

6 comments:

Bridget said...

No way! I was strictly a Muppet fan...these guys scared me :-)

JSusskind said...

I never even knew such a thing existed... which is just as well, since my parents never took me anywhere and it would have been just another entry on my long list of childhood disappointments.

Sunnydaze said...

I never heard of this either. Their shows were creepy too me, but I still watched.

joe said...

All: Apparantly it didn't do well. It closed pretty soon after it opened.

Teejay said...

Well it was an ambitious idea that could have been really cool, but it failed for a few reasons.

1) Instead of it being in its own building, they put it in a mall instead.

2) They put it the middle of a really, really bad neighborhood, that nobody would want to travel through to get there.

3) It was Disneyland expensive to get in and it was opened when it was only half finished, so those who went left very unhappy, cause half the stuff was still under construction.

Basically everything you could do to mess things up, they did. Too bad though, cause if they pulled it off it would have been pretty neat.

joe said...

It's all just so sad..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails