Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Thursday, November 17, 2011

So how many of you had...

... a Hasbro gumball machine back in the day?? I had a couple. They were never sold with enough gumballs to fill up the head, and my folks wouldn't get me replacement gumballs once they were gone (it only took a day to finish them all. Like how long does it take to go through 15 little gumballs). And instead of constantly using new coins to get a new gumball, I'd just remove the bottom of the base and get the same coin and use it over and over again. These things were much better on the commercials..

3 comments:

J Mello said...

I had one, not sure what character it was now, though. Never got new gumballs, either.

Karen said...

Ha! I had the Mickey Mouse head. Would've much preferred the Fred head, though! Never got replacement gumballs and used the same penny out of the base. I remember trying to fill it with other things, but they just got stuck in there.

joe said...

JM: The commercial showed the kid removing the base and a ton of change poured out. I was never that disciplined

Karen: I had a Mickey one also. I had Fred too. I wanted Popeye but never got him.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails