Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Friday, December 14, 2012

A very '69 Christmas:


The above was taken Christmas eve 1969, the day I turned 2. That's my cousin DeeDee and myself on the bicycle I got that year (I'm guessing for my birthday). The picture's dated "Mar 70", because my folks were always slow in getting our pictures developed at the local "Fotomat". I don't know who the adults are, but the one on the right kind of looks like my grandmother Dell. I haven't a clue who the guy is. In retrospect I can't believe how bad my folks' taste in home decorating was. That brown refrigerator is a whole new brand of ugly. When my folks sold that house, the woman who bought it pulled my mom aside and told her that the eagle wallpaper was the first to go. On a personal note, I would've had everything go, especially that nasty linoleum flooring.

6 comments:

Dr. Theda said...

My Grandmother had the Same fridge and flooring in her kitchen ...lol
Thanks for the Memory...

Janet said...

That little table on the left, though. I want that for my house.

joe said...

Dr. T: My folks were into really dark, drab colors back then

Janet: I'll ask mom if she still has it

ChiTown Girl said...

I hate to break it to you, but EVERYONE'S house was decorated like that in the 70s! We, too, had a brown refrigerator. tee hee!

joe said...

for some reason I always remembered ours as being avocado green

FilmFather said...

Ah, Fotomat. A teeny store stranded in the large sea of the mall parking lot. As a kid, I always thought they'd make the perfect clubhouse. The size, I mean. The location, not so much...

FilmFather giveaway: Win a Blu-ray Combo Pack of The Dark Knight Rises or Magic Mike! Ends 12/19 - enter here
Follow me on Twitter

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails