Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Misc. Remembrance:

In '77, about a year after my folks split up, mom bought a new house. She gave me a key to the front door to let myself in when I got home from school. She stressed the importance of not losing the key, because then she'd have to take off work early to let me in. The next day I got off the school bus, walked up to the front door and reached into my pocket for the key. Only to find it wasn't in my pocket. I had lost my key. The first day. She was mad at me for three days.

2 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

Dude, seriously?! I'd have been mad, too.

Believe it or not, my son still has the key I gave him on his tenth birthday. He's 19 now. It was really cool, too. He was into anything with flames at the time, so I found a key that was covered in flames.

I just jinxed myself, didn't I? That key will be gone tomorrow. :(

joe said...

seriously

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails