Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

Monday, January 23, 2006

The Mego Wizard of Oz line


In 1975, the Mego Corporation introduced their wildly successful "Wizard of Oz" line. I wanted these so bad but it was out of the question with my parents as these were considered to be "dolls" (although I think even I would be uncomfortable watching MY son role-play with Glinda the Good Witch).

Not shown, but also produced were the Emerald City playset, the Witch's castle playset, as well as the Mayor of Munchkinland figure and some Munchkins. This particular line brings high prices on Ebay auctions. You can learn more about these wonderful toys by clicking onto the following link: http://megomuseum.com/woz/index.html

Click on the photo for a larger image.