Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Moving Day


It was 1972/73, and my parents sold the house and bought another. I remember on moving day, the new owners showed up. They were a young hippie couple. He had a red, bushy beard and jeans, and she was dressed in a long calico dress under a poncho, with sandals. She had a braided ponytail that hung to her knees, and those really round metal hoop earrings women used to wear. I seem to recall she smelled like patchouli (i've never known how to spell that word). She had a friend with her, and the friend was pretty much dressed the same. Very groovy people.

Unfortunately, in the 80's, they became yuppies. I think she became a teacher and he got a job with the post office....... I heard they became pretty uptight, not groovy at all.