Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Cape Cod, my birthplace.

Wood End Lighthouse, Cape Cod
Because I was born there, I am a true Cape Codder, even though I didn't grow up there. We did spend alot of time in the Summer there, though. My cousin Stephen wasn't born on the Cape, his family moved there just after he was born. He will never be a Cape Codder. Never. Being a true Cape Codder, at one time, meant something. If you were born there, you belonged. If you weren't born there, you were considered forever to be a "Wash-Ashore". However, there are so many people living there now that come from other areas that it doesn't really matter anymore - which is just as well because it was all so stupid. I always loathed status symbols.
Click on the picture for a larger view.