Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

Thursday, October 13, 2011

The wind is in from Africa, last night I couldn't sleep..

... Oh you know it sure is hard to leave here Carey,

but it's really not my home.

My fingernails are filthy,

I've got beach tar on my feet,

and I miss my clean white linen

and my fancy French cologne.

Come on Carey get out your cane,

and I'll put on some silver.

Oh you're a mean old daddy but I like you

Come on down to the Mermaid Cafe

and I will buy you a bottle of wine

and we'll laugh and toast to nothing and toss our empty glasses down.

Let's have a round for these freaks

and these soldiers,

a round for these friends of mine.

Let's have another round for the bright red devil

that keeps me in this tourist town.

Come on Carey get out your cane,

And I'll put on some silver.

Oh you're a mean old daddy

but I like you.