Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

What a difference 2 weeks makes...



This past winter, I had some ice build up on my roof. Eventually it slid down the top front dormer and crashed on to the porch roof below. Big 50 pound chunks of ice. It was like cannonballs dropping onto my porch roof. The ice broke the rafters, and the windows, and the porch had seperated from the house, so it was shot and I had to remove it. Insurance more than paid for it. Above are the before and after shots, I just took them yesterday.

6 comments:

Sunnydaze said...

Looks great with a cottage-y vibe. At first I thought it was a front/back shot. Thank goodness for the insurance.

teri said...

I love all the windows. Please tell me the first picture is the after?

Sorry you had to go through all that. So much stress!

joe said...

Sunny: Thanks. I was surprised it was as easy as it was collecting the insurance check. They were pretty good about it.

Teri: the bottom is after. The top one is the house with the porch on it. The ice broke most of the windows and crushed the roof.

teri said...

it's a shame you couldn't have put all the windows back in.

but it does look good!

Ally said...

I love it! It looks so cozy, sad that you had to go through that stress though. I would think it would be rough putting in a claim. I'm glad things went okay and that nobody was really hurt with that ice!

joe said...

Teri and Ally, it wasn't really stressful. I knew the insurance company would pay for it, and I was finally able to get rid of that porch. It was never a nice porch, I never used it. Now that the house is on the market, I think it'll show so much better. It's all good :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails