Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Tuesday, April 03, 2012

1974 Remembrance:



That was the year my grandmother and mom got into drinking "grasshoppers". I had a sip and of course being 6 years old I gagged. I'd probably like them now, but I never seem to pick up the ingredients to make them. I'm not really a drinker, but I'll have a beer or 2 every once in awhile. This is the recipe:

Grasshoppers:

3/4 oz. green creme de menthe

3/4 oz. white creme de cacao

3/4 oz. light cream

Shake all ingredients with ice, strain into a cocktail glass, and serve.

Alcohol content 15% (30 proof, which is no wonder it really caught on with those two....)

4 comments:

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

The ladies on my street would often get together and mix cocktails while the men stuck to their beer or whisky. Memories!

joe said...

I guess I'm not really into sweet beverages. Not even sugar in my coffee

Marco said...

Seems our parents liked to have "fun" with us as kids. My dad gave me a little shot of whiskey at a his friend's cottage once. They thought it was pretty amusing as it burned my throat. smooth.

That and my dad letting me try his pipe at the age of nine. Yuck.

Although... that's what probably turned me off alcohol and smoking and why I never took to it later in life.

joe said...

I used to smoke cigarettes. I started when I was 12. I quit 20 years ago. I don't miss it at all.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails