Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Sunday, April 01, 2012

Fact:

In the early '70s, boys wore suits and girls wore party dresses to birthday parties / any kind of party. It ended sometime around '73/'74. I don't remember wearing a suit to a party, but I'm sure I did, and I was probably as uncomfortable in it as Peter appears to be in the above pic..

5 comments:

Caffeinated Joe said...

I remember having a couple of hideous blazers. Not sure if I ever wore them to a birthday party. But then again, I didn't go to many birthday parties.

joe said...

Me either, I wasn't a popular kid. Well that's okay, I didn't need to hang out with those losers...

Janet said...

Kids didn't really dress this way to go to parties where I grew up (although I didn't go to many parties either), but we made up for it in 7th and 8th grade cotillion class. Ties for the boys, white gloves for the girls.

Jack said...

Oh, it was worse. Early 1960s. Leave it to Beaver. The plot of a whole episode was that Wally, the Beaver's big bro, wanted to go to a friend's house to listen to some records, but he couldn't, because he COULDN'T FIND HIS SPORT COAT!

joe said...

Janet: We didn't have an 8th grade cotillion. Back in 8th grade I'd never even heard the word "cotillion".

Jack: How formal.. times have sure changed.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails