Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Dear Blogger:

This is just a little note to tell you my opinion of your new interface that you're forcing upon us all. I've seen your new interface, and quite frankly I don't like your new interface. Your old interface was simple, easy to use. Your new interface is awkward, and hard to navigate. There's nothing I like about the new interface, and from what I've heard nobody else likes it either. I don't like the font colors we are forced to choose from: no longer will I have my awesome avocado green colored font. I was not able to find how to save the html of my site's template. Also, to view the new interface, I have to log into Blogger through Google chrome. It doesn't show up on my AOL dial-up. I resent that. I implore you to let us all keep the old interface if we choose. This is America. We're supposed to have freedom of choice. You're taking that away, and for that I will always be resentful. I may no longer love you as much as I did in the old days, when you were nice and easy to work with. You may even lose me one day. Please re-consider this awful new interface that you're making us adopt, or even better just get rid of it. And maybe even demote the web designer that designed it and give him a desk job instead, or maybe give them a job in the mail room. Don't do it just for me, do it for all of us.

Thank you,

Joe

10 comments:

bliss_infinte said...

I agree!
Their old interface was far from perfect but this new one is even worse. When I have to 'click' more to get the same tasks done then it's a fail.

joe said...

I haven't come across anybody yet who likes it. I even know one blogger who left and signed up with another provider.

Dex1138 said...

Agree +1
I checked it out a couple months ago and instantly switched back to the original version.

Jack said...

That's EPIC FAIL, Bliss!!! You still wondering why I left, amigo? Gotta tell you, I've never used anything easier than Weebly. You post and edit right on the screen, and what you see is what you get; I only wish they'd run me off a year ago!

ChiTown Girl said...

Amen, my brotha!!

I'm considering looking at other providers myself. If I basically have to learn a new system, I may as well see what else is out there besides Blogger!

ISRAEL CARRASCO said...

I agree 100%. I have noticed that many "web designers" think that they know what is good for me. They get excited with the new bells and whistles and incorrectly assume that we will like it because they know better. I'll stick to the old saying, "if it ain't broke... you know the rest. Yahoo games did something similar but in their defense, they give u the option to choose the old way.

Justin S. Davis said...

Like Dex1138, I switched over a few months back, but that lasted all of 5 minutes.

I feel your current pain.

joe said...

See Blogger??? Nobody likes it.

Sans Pantaloons said...

I concur, I don't like it.
But then, I'm not sure why Blogger is doing it. I'm not sure they know why either.

joe said...

Good going Blogger, you've even got SP confused. I hope you're happy about this...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails