Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Monday, April 02, 2012

Misc. Remembrance:



When I was a kid, I used to fill an ice cube tray with fruit juice and cover it with plastic wrap. Then I'd stick a toothpick through the plastic wrap into each ice cube hole then freeze it, and make miniature fruit juice popsicles. I learned it by one of the "Time For Timer" cartoons.

9 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

I SO loved that one! Also, "I hanker for a hunk a cheese!"

Caffeinated Joe said...

Think I did it once. Was okay.

joe said...

CTG: "When I'm dancin' a hoe-down and my boots kind of slow down"...

CJ: They were kind of weak tasting. But I made them anyway.

Marco said...

Loved these ice cube snack too but I thought it was an absolute miracle when those molds with the red plastic sticks came out.

Then there was the wagon wheel version. Cheese and crackers???

joe said...

Yeah I think so.. and also the "saturday" which was a slice of pineapple with half of a banana on it's end stuck through the pineapple hole. Covered in cottage cheese with a cherry on top.

Janet said...

Wow, I had totally forgotten about this cartoon. Probably because I was a horribly fussy eater who lived mostly on bologna sandwiches. I didn't even like cheese! I was clearly an alien child.

joe said...

haha no way ;^)

The Erin Grant said...

I LOVE IT! Thanks for posting!

joe said...

You're welcome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails