Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

Monday, April 16, 2012

Pull-ring zipper shirts:

These were popular circa '71 - '73. I had one just about the time Maureen was modeling hers (although hers seems to be more like a sweater). Even though they were kind of popular and alot of people had them, it's almost impossible to find a picture of them on the internet these days. Mine was a long sleeve navy blue shirt with white bicycles printed all over it. Yeah, it was awesome...

7 comments:

Dolly the Bird said...

I found a whole bag full of these zips at a thrift store last year...round, rectangular, brown, blue, red...fabulous! Still haven't used them yet, but I have some great '70s patterns that are just screaming for them!!

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

Your shirt sounds awesome. Oh excuse me, I meant to say far out!

I had a blue one like Maureen's.

Mnmom said...

They WERE awesome!

joe said...

Dolly: When you make them, send me a pic and some wordage and I'll post it.

Sandy: Yeah I looked good in anything.. ;^)

MnM: Try finding a pic of one these days on the 'net... it's not easy

Janet said...

I loved my zipper shirt but never wore it to school because stupid dumb boys would walk up to you and pretend they were going to yank the zipper down.

John said...

This has been one of my favorite pictures of Maureen for years. That sweater just makes it groovier.

joe said...

Janet: haha I remember that

John: Maureen makes anything look good

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails