Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

Friday, May 06, 2005

My Favorite 70s Songs

Cat's Best Posted by Hello

These are my favorite songs from the 70s:
  • Morning Has Broken - Cat Stevens (One of the very first songs I ever remember hearing on the radio).
  • Oh Very Young - Cat Stevens (I could listen to it over and over).
  • Theme From Mahogany - Diana Ross (Exquisitely beautiful. A masterpiece).
  • Evergreen - Barbara Streisand (Sensual and beautiful).
  • My Heart Belongs To Me - Barbara Streisand (Just ask James Brolin).
  • I Got A Name - Jim Croce (Makes me want to strap on my backpack and hit the road).
  • Annie's Song - John Denver
  • The Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot (Glad I was busy that day).
  • I'd Like To Teach The World To Sing - The Hillside Singers (Give me a hillside and a coke, and all's right with the world).
  • Both Sides Now - Judy Collins (One of the best songs ever written).
  • Who Knows Where The Time Goes - Judy Collins ("Sad deserted shore, your fickle friends are leaving").
  • Dust In The Wind - Kansas (Speak for yourself, Kansas!).
  • Carry On Wayward Son - Kansas (Classic).
  • Come Sail Away - Styx (No thanks, i get sea sick).
  • Get Right Back - ? (I'll get back to this one).
  • I Just Want To Be Your Everything - Andy Gibb (He had such a gift and threw it all away for drugs. What a waste).
  • More Than A Woman - The BeeGee's (Yes, she was).
  • How Deep Is Your Love - The BeeGee's (Disco with a heart).
  • I will Survive - Gloria Gayner (Don't 'dis that gal!).
  • When Will I See You Again - 33 Degrees (Will she have to suffer, and cry the whole night through?).
  • 50 Ways To Leave Your Lover - Paul Simon (And yet they seemed so happy together).
  • Still Crazy After All These Years - Paul Simon (".. we talked about some old times, and we drank ourselves some beers").
  • Leader Of The Band - Dan Fogleberg
  • Don't Give Up On Us Baby - David Soul (Not bad for his only hit).
  • Weekend In New England - Barry Manilow (I never get tired of this song).
  • She's Always A Woman To Me - Billy Joel (She may have been a woman, but she was no lady).
  • We're All Alone - Rita Coolidge
  • Slow Dancing - Johnny Rivers (Always puts me in the mood).
  • Let Your Love Flow - The Bellamy Brothers (Excellent).
  • Jesse - Carly Simon (Let him go, girl, he's not worth it!!!!!!).
  • Escape (The Pina Colada Song) - Rupert something ("If you like making love in bed at night in the dunes of the Cape" - now, i've seen many dunes on the Cape but none of them had beds in them).
  • The Spy Who Loved Me - Carly Simon (I always wished this song was longer).
  • Lola - The Kinks (I always liked this song.... although I never knew what it meant....).