Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

Friday, December 09, 2005

John Lennon



It's the 25th anniversary (yesterday was) since John Lennon was murdered.

I've heard alot about how great a humanitarian he was, and how he strived to make the world a better place for peace, etc. but I don't see it. The man who sang "All You Need Is Love" had millions of dollars in the bank. As far as I know he was not part of any humanitarian mission, didn't involve himself in charity events (free of charge or otherwise), and even for the photo posted, i'm sure he got paid. I never once saw him photographed participating in a peace march. As far as I know, he was an athiest: "Imagine there's no heaven, it's easy if you try. No hell below us, above us only sky".

Everything he did was career-oriented, and everything came at a price - it was all fashion.

A total phony, I don't miss him.