Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Burger Chef

In our town, before McDonald's, and after the A&W Root Beer stand, there was Burger Chef. I don't know how many people remember it, but I loved Burger Chef. They had an early version of McDonald's Happy Meal. The Chef's was called the "FUN Meal" - which came with a hamburger, fries, drink, desert, and a toy. I always ordered a Fun Meal. Once McDonald's came into town, followed by Burger King, the Chef didn't make it long. Nothing could compete with McDonald's back then. I'm not sure when the last Burger Chef closed up shop, but it just goes to show than no one is on top forever (and do note the cigarette machine in the background. Imagine walking into a fast food restaurant today and seeing a cigarette machine? No wonder Burger Chef folded. Imagine saying: "I'd like a fun meal with a Pepsi, and a pack of Marlboro's, please.").
Click on the picture for a larger image.