Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

They still had these (tupperware parties) in the 70's. After one Tupperware party, mom came back with a large Tupperware container that she paid alot for. She was going out that night and said to me: "I've got the Tupperware container in the oven. If you are going to heat up anything in the oven, PLEASE remember to take the tupperware out of the oven first". To which I replied: "Yeah, sure". Later that night I decided to heat something up, turned on the oven to 450 degrees, then 15 minutes later I realized I hadn't taken the container out of the oven. By the time I got to it, the oven racks had burned through the bottom of the Tupperware and it was ruined. She never got a chance to use it. She was so taken by the fact that I could be so stupid, she didn't really get angry - after all, I was always doing stupid things.
Click on the picture for a larger view.