Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Misc. Remembrance:

My mother has smoked ever since I can remember. And always Marlboro Lights. One day in '78 we were driving to my aunt's house in Whitman Massachusetts. Mom was lost in thought, not paying attention to anything except her driving, and my window was open so I took her cigarettes and threw them out the window while she wasn't looking. I stared at her and smiled. She smiled back. I'm still smiling, and she says "what???". I'm still smiling and said that I threw her cigarettes out the window. She laughed. I laughed. While the smile was still frozen on her face, she said "you didn't". I said "I did". She's still smiling. Then she says "no, really...". Me (still smiling): "yup". All of a sudden she wasn't smiling. She starts looking around the seat hoping I was kidding. By then we were about 3 miles from where I threw them out, and frankly I didn't quite remember exactly where I threw them out. Reality "sets in". She didn't have any extra money with her, so she had to turn the car around to look for them. It took us 20 minutes to find them again. As I recall we ended up being late...