Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Tuesday, September 01, 2009

1979 Entex Handheld 1 or 2 player Baseball Game:

This was a great game. For 1 player, you'd switch to auto function, and the pitches came automatically. For 2-player play, you'd switch to manual play, and the person pitching can remove the top portion, which is connected by 26" cord inside, and select from 5 pitches...curve, slider, fastball, change-up, and knuckler. I have to 'fess up that I'm copying the description from an ebay listing, but I did have this game and played it for a long time. The ebay listing is here.

15 comments:

Dartman said...

I had that game and loved it! Mine was black but oh sooo cool!

blueroc85 said...

Oh My god.....my parents totally had this game when I was little! I still remeber the beeping sound the "ball" made as it came up to the batter.

Marco said...

I remember this game but didn't own it (drat). I did have the space invader hand held game. Still do, but the lights for the aliens don't show up any more so I die pretty quickly :) .

Some Guy said...

I had the Mattel Baseball. It was much less sophisticated.

joe said...

Dartman: Apparantly these games still work. We had quality stuff!

Blueroc: I'd forgot about the beeping...

Marco: I can see how you'd be at a bit of a disadvantage. I didn't know about the SI handheld.

SG: Sorry! That would suck!

Sunshinemeg said...

Never even seen this treasure, but it would be right up my alley.

joe said...

You can get one on ebay. Most of them still work, and they sell pretty cheap.

coolstufffordads said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jim @ CoolStuffForDads.com said...

I think I had some of the other football and baseball games. The pitching function for two players sounds pretty cool!

joe said...

Yeah it was. My folks also had a hand-held poker game.

Goggles Piasano Ritardo said...

oh boy I still have several mattel games like that.

joe said...

Oh, so now you're saying you're better than me????? Well, ARE you??!!?

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

The football one was the one that I played until it died...literally died in my hands. I was the only parent it ever knew. Sad times.

joe said...

That is sad. Sorry Cal! I'd give you mine if I had one!

joe said...

... btw, they made a football game?? Not that I should be surprised, they made everything else..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails