Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Misc. Remembrance:

When I was about 4, 'til about 8 years of age (ca. '72 to '76), my folks used to play cards with a couple named Pat and Eddie. We'd go over their house and the adults would play cards while I played with their kids: Lori and Teddy. Pat was a nurse. Eddie had previously undergone colon surgery (or something like that), and whenever he'd reach for a snack and it was something he really shouldn't be eating, Pat would say, rather sternly: "Now Eddie, remember your bowels". Mortified, he'd say (under his breath) "Shut up, Pat". Then his kids would chime in: "Remember your bowels, Eddie! Remember your bowels!"...
I've since lost touch with them all. I really miss those days.

16 comments:

Scandalous Housewife said...

Is the "happy" couple still married?

grannyann said...

I did a painting for our NCO Club once of those dogs but they were playing pool.

joe said...

Scandy: As far as I know..

Ann: You're an artist too??? Is there anything you can't do?? Btw, did I ever mention I suck at pool?

Jim @ CoolStuffForDads.com said...

There were some good times had over at other family houses back then ... I always liked that painting. I'm not that great at pool either.

Candy's daily Dandy said...

One's bowels can dissapoint at the most inopportune times.

Pat just had his back.

C said...

how funny! and i love that painting. i have seen one of boxers playing poker... too. yes, good memories with family/friends...

c

joe said...

Jim: Well as bad as you might be, you could still beat me.

Candy: Yeah, it was all in love.

C: When I searched for the image, I got all kinds of results. I guess dogs gambling is a popular theme.

Wil said...

LMAO! I think we all have a story that involves our parents playing some sort of card game with the neighbors.

Wil Harrison.com

joe said...

Only a wife could get away with something like that..

Hairball said...

"Remember your bowels, Eddie! Remember your bowels!"...

*wipes away tears* That is too funny!

joe said...

Yeah well Eddie didn't think so.. some people have no sense of humor ....

FilmFather said...

Great...now, every time I see the Dogs Playing Poker painting, I'll think of Eddie's bowels.

joe said...

haha sorry ;^)

champagnejayne said...

Hehe. I remember our neighbors - and older couple and their 2 adopted kids. I don't know why or how, but they had the most unique antique games ( "Mug Shots" anyone?) They were pretty cool until we got our Atari 2600 in '82!

champagnejayne said...

Didn't Frank Drebbin of "Police Squad" have this painting in his house for the TV show? Or am I just remembering short-lived TV series???

joe said...

Hmmm.... NOT sure, little lady.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails