Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Monday, September 07, 2009

Sunfish sailboats:

These things were everywhere ca. 1974/75/76/77. When we'd go to Hardings Beach in Chatham (which, btw, is closed this weekend due to Great White Shark sightings, 4 of them to be exact), there were always at least half a dozen of these things either in the water or on the beach. I wanted to try one, but no one in my family owned a sunfish.

5 comments:

Jim @ CoolStuffForDads.com said...

I do remember these sailboats, don't think I was ever on one and I didn't know those sharks came near the coast of New England ...

Jim @ CoolStuffForDads.com said...

... I did see something on it online though.

joe said...

Yes there's quite a few sharks off the coast of new england. they just usually stay farther out to sea.

Hairball said...

I too was totally unaware of sharks hanging out in New England waters!

joe said...

There was a series of shark attacks in New Jersey in the mid-30's that inspired Peter Benchley for Jaws.
Off the coast of Mauntauk (sp?) is infamous for sharks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails