Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

Saturday, September 19, 2009

My ghost story (I was going to wait 'til Halloween, but I'm kind of short on ideas lately):

There's a church I used to attend in South Wellfleet, Mass., right on the corner of Route 6 and Lieutenant Island Road, across from Rookies restaurant. It's not an old church, it was built sometime around 1970. The basement of the building is a huge banquet hall, with a large kitchen off to the side, with several small classrooms at the other end of the building. One day I was sitting upstairs in the church by myself, and I started to hear talking downstairs. It was muffled, and i couldn't really make out what was being said, but there was also laughter and the clanking of dishes, the sound of people walking around, etc. It got louder and louder, but I still couldn't make out what was being said, so I decided to go down and see who was there. I assumed some of the ladies of the church were cleaning up in the kitchen.
I got downstairs and nobody was there. Dead quiet. Not a sound. the voices stopped as soon as I reached the bottom of the stairs, like I just walked in on a conversation they didn't want me to hear.
I went back upstairs. A few minutes later it started again. It got louder, and louder, and louder, and louder, so I went back down, thinking I had just missed them.
Nothing.
Whenever I'd go back upstairs it would start, and whenever I went downstairs it would stop.
It happened several times, and on several different occasions. I thought it was just me, but finally i asked somebody about it, and they experienced the same thing. Several people had the experience, not just me. And whenever I was downstairs in the dark, I could sense I was not alone. I could literally feel it. There are several classrooms with windows, but they always keep the doors shut, so in the hall it's pitch black.
It's really creepy.

13 comments:

Wings said...

Huh... Weird. Don't believe in an afterlife, myself, but I can't speak for what you (or others) experience.

Write it into a short story dude!

joe said...

Well, I kind of just did...
Btw, i think i need to stop using that font color. That against the black kind of burns itself into my retinas....

blueroc85 said...

At least it sounds like the spirits are havin' a good time! Maybe it is a psychic imprint of all of the fun get togethers the church has had in that area over the years. Does any other member of your church have any backstory to what people are experienceing?

blueroc85 said...

P.S. Thanks for sharing your story. I love to hear stories about unusual happenings like this.

joe said...

I'm thinking the same thing.
I don't go there anymore, though. I live in upstate New York now. But I'm sure it's still happening.

C said...

i beleive in things like that, joe... and i believe you were given the gift of hearing that. its soothing to know good times were had there... better than if tortures and murderous activity was going on! holy shit.... haha
my family always went to notre dame down off main street and thats where i got married too. is it still there? and there was a park in front of the church that led from main street to... shit i cant remember the name of the other street but the library was on it and then eventually it led down to alice hyde hospital. that park was very creepy at night. my ex husband and i used to make out there! bwahahaha

take care my northern friend..

C

joe said...

Yup, Notre Dame's still there. As well as the park and alice hyde. alice hyde has a dental practice, and it's really affordable. I had an x-ray done and they only charged me $6.
My root canal was only $650 (my brother who lives near boston paid $1300 for his. loser)

joe said...

and i believe it's park street..

joe said...

... or is it elm.....

teri said...

I wonder if it was built on a site where another church stood?

joe said...

Hmmm,,, no, not that I know of.

grannyann said...

I have been working on our Halloween site (www.halloweenology.com) and it made me really interested in your story. that is spooky

joe said...

I know i heard what i heard. and several others confirmed it. that's been my only experience with the supernatural that i'm aware of, but i know this was real.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails