Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Random:

Back in '78, some people felt that if Mork could pull off the rainbow suspenders look, they could too. They were wrong, btw.Very, Very wrong..

20 comments:

Wings said...

I had Mork suspenders.

joe said...

So how'd they look??

Hairball said...

Yeah, I had some too.

Marco said...

Yeah, I think you needed the shag carpet chest to really make it work.

Some Guy said...

Poor kid.

Wil said...

LOLZ!

Wil Harrison.com

joe said...

Hairball: If you've got any pics, let's see 'em..

Marco: Thanks goodness the fad's over.

SG: Yes, he is.

Wil: I wonder if his mom still has those pics in a drawer somewhere..

Scandalous Housewife said...

Mork AND a bowl cut? Suh-weeeet!

Retro Hound said...

My father-in-law still wears these.

Keith said...

Thank God I never tried to pull them off.

Dartman said...

I never had them but remember wanting them so badly! I didn't really know anyone who had them but I always saw them in the store.

FilmFather said...

The kid loses points for having a Mork button ON the Mork suspenders.

Redundant? Redundant.

C said...

hey hon, left ya a lil prezzie over at my blog... come and get it!

c

joe said...

See the thing is they sold the suspenders, but not the buttons/pins that accessorized them. Nobody sold those things.

Lynda said...

I had Mork suspenders too!

joe said...

So, Miss Lynda, I notice the young man's suspenders are the same pattern as the diversity rainbow. You think he's,, well, you know....

Hairball said...

"Hairball: If you've got any pics, let's see 'em.."

Sadly, I don't have any pics of my awesome suspenders. :D

joe said...

Well, allright. I guess I'll just have to take your word for it..

Ally said...

I confess. I TOTALLY had these suspenders. Classic!

joe said...

They didn't sell them where I lived. I might've bought a pair.
Okay mom would've bought them. I didn't pay for anything back then..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails