Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Space Invaders:

In 1977, after we were all bored to tears with Pong (how lame was that), we were introduced to Space Invaders. This took off like wildfire. I, myself, didn't care for S.I., but I was definitely in the minority. I'm not sure if the screen shot on the lower right was the arcade version, I think it might have been the Atari home version, but basically it was the same.
S.I. was okay, but it didn't even come close to PacMan, but that's just me....

14 comments:

Sunshinemeg said...

My brother was so in the majority! He was crazy about this crazy game. What a blast from the past. Great post today.

Max Reddick said...

For a long time, the better part of my allowance went into this game. It became an addiction. I'm much better now though.

joe said...

Meg and Max: I also remember that you could insert a quarter part way into some of the machines and rack up multiple free plays.

joe said...

... of course I never did that..

Candy's daily Dandy said...

I remember the at home version, We had it. I loved this game until my TRUE love came out. Centipede....

joe said...

Yes, now that was a cool game.

Jim @ CoolStuffForDads.com said...

Yes, I liked PacMan better, also Asteroids on Atari. I thought Donkey Kong was good too, think that came a tad later.

Mnmom said...

I'm a Pac Man girl myself.

And hey!! Don't be trashing my hero Ethel Merman! I do a great impersonation of her in public if my kids are acting up. Shuts them up like magic.

Miss Alex said...

I know I suck... I hardly get on e-mail anymore cause I'm generally on facebook mostly now that I don't have a desk job *THANK GOD*

but I still blog every so often... and check yours out in particular cause it makes me feel young-errrr

joe said...

Jim: I loved Donkey Kong because I think it was the first video game that had multiple levels.

MnMom: Haha. Well, in my defense, I wasn't really trashing Ethel, just her disco album..

Miss Alex: Aww, you don't suck. I'm just giving you a hard time. I know you love me ;^)

Hapi said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

joe said...

Thanks! Come again!
;^)

Goggles Piasano Ritardo said...

I didn't care for it much either. When Asteroids came out I was hooked.

joe said...

The asteroids home version was better than the arcade version. I never lasted more than a few seconds on the arcade one. I was that bad.

Related Posts with Thumbnails