Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Unexpected find:

I found the above ad when I did a search for "makeout vans"... (hey I'm running out of ideas here). I'm not sure as to the date of the ad, but I'm guessing somewhere between '68 and '72. I love the artwork in this one, it's like some glorious acid trip (um, I've never done acid, btw. For the record)....
Click pic for larger image.

9 comments:

grannyann said...

That is a neat ad. I like the comic comments.

Candy's daily Dandy said...

this reminds me of one of those color by number jobs I had when I was a kid.

The whole famdamily got into it and we colored it in together.

Good times

joe said...

So Ann, 'fess up. did you ever own a makeout van??? You can be honest, I won't think any less of you.. ;^)

Candy, it reminds me more of those posters that came with markers that you color in yourself. Although to be honest I was never that imaginitive with my use of colors, but then again I was never on acid at the time either..

grannyann said...

No make out Van but I had a 1955 Ford that did just as good.

joe said...

Hahahahaaa

Anonymous said...

That ad is from '78.

joe said...

Well I was rather off wasn't I. It just seemed older than that.

matthew houskeeper said...

I don't know how long this was around but I have seen it in 1976 magazines.
Also, the 1976 Yankee yearbook (or game program) has this ad as well.

matthew houskeeper said...

I found this by googling "old street van ads"
Thought you might enjoy it:

http://vintage-original-ads.com/Pictures/albums/uploads/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails