Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Thursday, October 01, 2009

Sorry but..

If you wanted a calculator back in 1973, you'd better have been prepared to shell-out 70 bucks.. , now they sell them for like a buck a piece...

7 comments:

Sunshinemeg said...

Ha! That is insane. Those graphing calculators now are hundres of dollars. I guess I'll wait to get one for another 30 years or so...

Sans Pantaloons said...

I have one of those calcs. I also have far too much junk.
I'll need to get an Ebay account...

joe said...

So is there anyone out there that even owns a slide-rule anymore? And know how to use it??

Mnmom said...

My Dad knew - he was an engineer. He also owned a Commodore Vic-20 "computer". The first home computers available to the masses. It was a thing of beauty.

joe said...

I think the first digital watches were like $500 a pop. The same ones that eventually sold for $5 a pop..

Wendel said...

$70 ????

Where???

When I started college in the 70s these things were in the hundreds.

In 1976 they came out with a calculator watch along with a pen you needed to push the buttons.
Then president Ford wanted one, but at over $1000 her thought it was too expensive.

joe said...

I had a digital watch but never got used to the feeling of a watch around my wrist. Not even to this day..

Related Posts with Thumbnails