Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Sunday, January 17, 2010

And now a word from our sponsor (as if I really get paid for doing this)...


"My baloney has a first name:
It's O-s-c-a-r
My baloney has a second name:
It's M-a-y-e-r
Oh I love to eat it every day
And if you ask me why I'll say:
'Cause Oscar Mayer has a way
With b-o-l-o-g-n-a.
How's that???"

Nobody who was around back in the day didn't see this commercial. This ran for several years. I had the above play fishing set he's holding, btw. It was quite common.

8 comments:

Ally said...

I remember this. Your post made me do some research. The ad campaign was created by J. Walter Thompson in 1974. In later years Andy Lambros (four-year-old kid in the commercial) opened an exotic pet store in Woodland Hills, California; and ran CyberWeb and AnimalWeb, two Internet-based companies.

Tales Of A Fourth Grade Nothing

Ally said...

PS I remember that fishing set!

joe said...

Not that I'm whining, but I hated fishing and i hate fish, so what do my folks get me??? a fishing set.
Sometimes i think they did that on purpose....

Marissa said...

I was JUST singing this song last week and my 15 year-old said "What the heck are you singing?"

joe said...

Singing what song????

joe said...

KIDDING!!! ;^)

Jim @ CoolStuffForDads.com said...

It was a very catchy song, but I was more into P,B & J.

AddledWriter said...

My cousin taught me this version while we were visiting out aunt in the late 70s:

My president has a first name, it's j-i-m-m-y
My president has a second name, it's c-a-r-t-e-r...
(I don't remember the next few lines) and it ended:
'cause Jimmy Carter has a way of messing up the USA!
(Note; This does not reflect our political views. We were 6 and 4!!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails