Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Thursday, January 07, 2010

In 1973:


I was downing these babies like cherry Life Savers. I still sneak one, now and then..

8 comments:

Ally said...

I loved these! They were totally like candy. I could eat a whole box and still have a sore throat! There was another cough drop that was like candy. I feel like they came in a cloth sack and were coated with a white powder. I'll have to look into this.

Tales Of A Fourth Grade Nothing

Ally said...

Oh and remember Pine Brothers - they were chewy and honey flavored. So good.

joe said...

I didn't like them as much, because I couldn't chew them like the Ludens.
Come to think of it they were kind of like the gummi bears of the cough drops.

Thomas said...

Then there was Vicks cough drops in the Blue Green box. Brown sugar I believe they were, man they were good. (You would pull that box out at school and everyone would start coughing and holding their hands out.)

joe said...

When I was about 10 I had a cold and dad gave me Nyquil.
The strong formula.
That stuff could knock down an elephant..

Scandalous Housewife said...

Mmmmm! Loves me some cherry Ludens! And life savers! I used to throw all the other flavors out and just eat the red ones...

50sme said...

I wasn't into these, I dug the Smith Brothers ones. They had an assorted flavors one that was just like delicious candy! I loved those things. That was around 72 or so.

sunnydaze said...

I'm another that ate them like Lifesavers ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails