Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Saturday, January 16, 2010

I wouldn't want that thing on my hand:


I remember the old Florida orange juice commercials with Anita Bryant. In retrospect, I must say there's something a bit disturbing about a bird whose head you could squeeze to make juice. Just sayin'.

9 comments:

Sunshinemeg said...

That is pretty odd, however have you seen how much orange costs? It's expensive! I wish a magic bird would just come and drop some off for me.

Ally said...

I totally remember that. I also remember Florida had two souvenirs I loved! The orange flavored gum in little tiny bits, like gold in a sack or something. The other item was this orange scented cheap perfume. Grandma always brought it back for me. Sorry to go off on that tangent!
Tales Of A Fourth Grade Nothing

joe said...

Meg: When i was in Florida a couple weeks ago, there was a nearby medical center. Growing there were several grapefruit trees, and we picked free grapefruit while we were there.

Ally: There's still those old-fashioned souvenir places here and there, but not as many as there once was. I bought some orange-essence dark chocolate. man did that suck...

kimber p said...

never did like that woman...

joe said...

She just couldn't come to terms with the fact that her husband was a "man's man"...

Pearl said...

Ah, good ol' Anita Bryant, let go for some stupid crap about God and homosexuality, wasn't it?

"A day without orange juice is like a day without sunshine."

:-)

Pearl

joe said...

Yeah, it was something like that...
Btw, I'd forgotten about the slogan.

halloween spirit said...

Disturbing indeed! Reminds me of products and restaurants advertised with a cartoon version of the creature you were being invited to eat <:O

Just discovered your blog today (via Caffeinated Joe). I think I'm in heaven!

I too am a child of the 70's :)

joe said...

Hey glad you're here (c:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails