Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Game Shows:

In the mid-late 70s, I watched alot of game shows in the Summer when there really wasn't alot else to do (anyone else out there who grew up in Raynham Massachusetts between '76 to '80 knows what I mean). My favorite was probably The Gong Show. Hollywood Squares was another favorite, but mom couldn't stand the show so I never watched it. I never missed The Price Is Right, and once that one was over I basically got kicked out of the house for the rest of the day until supper. Even though they tended to be boring as hell, looking back, sometimes I do miss those old Summer vacations.

16 comments:

Tom said...

Did you ever watch Press Your Luck?

joe said...

Was that the 80's one where if you guessed the wrong answer those red little cartoon creatures would run out on the bottom of the screen and act really stupid???

Tom said...

yeah. Actually, I think that describes a few game shows.

joe said...

Hahaa

ISRAEL CARRASCO said...

I liked the Gong Show, Price is Right, and Let's Make a Deal. It seems like the host back in the days had some much personality. Maybe that was the criticism of Drew Carey by Bob Barker. Today you have stupid laugh tracks and special effects.

ISRAEL CARRASCO said...

typo: should be "had so much personality..."

joe said...

Not many people I've asked remember Monty Hall. I don't know why.

Robin@DecoratingTennisGirl said...

I loved Lets Make a Deal. Matchgame was my favorite and I loved Tattletales, too with Bert Convy.

Wings said...

Let's Make a Deal, Tic-Tac-Dough, Price is Right... Lots of fun old shows. I remember that time well, too!

joe said...

Can't say I remember Tattletales.

Wings: I never understood, on The Price Is Right, why the contestant would go for the first showcase. The second showcase was always the best.

Wings said...

I don't know, either. They must have seen something they liked!

LaraAnn said...

My brother and I loved watching game shows in the 70s and 80s. TPIR, Match Game, Card Sharks, Password and Hollywood Squares were some of our favs. My grandma was in TPIR audience once in 1978 or 1979.

joe said...

Card Sharks was a good one.

blueroc85 said...

I LOVED the price is right...I always thought Bob Barker was my grndpa when I was little (grandpa kind of looked like Bob Barker).
My babysitter watched card sharks and press your luck, so natually I watched them too.

joe said...

Is Bob Barker even still alive?

blueroc85 said...

I think so!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails